The Metropolitan Organization of Houston is:
by building trusting relationships between institutions and people of diverse backgrounds and by training leaders to organize within their institutions and to create public relationships with local policymakers that help our member institutions speak and act for themselves for the common good of our local communities.
core organizing teams in member institutions trained to lead listening campaigns across their institution through individual meetings and house (small group) meetings.
- These meetings allow members to develop relationships, learn about the pressures facing families, identify leaders, and surface issues for potential action;
- Neighborhood Walks help people to understand their neighborhood and surroundings;
- Research Actions help leaders develop expertise around an issue to make action effective and meaningful;
- Action, brings public pressure to bear on people who have authority to make a difference; and
- Evaluation helps leaders learn from their experiences.