SIGN TMO’S PETITION TO THE GOVERNOR, SENATORS CORNYN AND CRUZ PLUS MEMBERS of CONGRESS
Sign below in support of this petition.
Click here for a print-out version.
PATHWAY TO CITIZENSHIP FOR DACA: TMO calls on all US Senators, and especially Texas Senators John Cornyn and Ted Cruz, to include and support common sense immigration solutions in the Budget Reconciliation Bill including a pathway to citizenship for young adults who have qualified for DACA (Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals).
- There are about 800,000 young adults with DACA in the US and 128,000 in Texas.
- They have had no legal status and been in immigration limbo since 2012
- A bi-partisan group of business leaders are asking Congress to include a pathway to citizenship for DACA holders in the Budget Reconciliation Bill
STRENGTHEN OUR DEMOCRACY: TMO calls on the Texas House and Senate to reject all legislation that suppresses the right and opportunity of registered voters to cast their ballot
- TMO opposes efforts to make voting more difficult or inconvenient for registered voters—we believe in democracy and our legislature should not adopt laws to suppress voting.
ALLOW LOCAL GOVERNMENTS TO DECIDE ABOUT MASK MANDATES: TMO calls on Governor Abbott to withdraw his Executive Order barring all city, county, health authorities and school districts from requiring any person to wear a face-covering or mask.
- Texas is averaging over 16,000 new COVID cases each day with 13,000 hospitalized and 3,000 in intensive care units.
- Thousands of children who are not yet eligible to be vaccinated are contracting COVID and some school districts are shutting down because they cannot control the spread of COVID.
- The Texas Supreme Court has temporarily declined to enforce Governor Abbot’s Executive Order but they can still decide to support it in the future. Abbott should reverse his Order.